Wednesday, November 12, 2008




















Tennessee is pretty.


Nick, Charlie and I have loved this time of year in the state of TN.  We've been able to venture into the Smokies several times since fall began, and capture the beautiful sights on the Nikon. Some of the pictures are from our prayer retreat several weeks ago, but the rest are from more recent trips into the mountains and from our backyard.

A few hardy trees are still hanging desperately onto their golden or crimson leaves, but autumn is too quickly turning the trees bare and gray.  Soon all that will be left of autumn will be the crisp air and delicious smell of fallen leaves.  

I will miss Colorado's snow.  But, this is sure to be the best winter season yet with the arrival of our baby girl in just a few more short weeks, and by "few," I mean six or seven.  Hopefully "short" turns out feeling true.

Tonight Nick and I are snuggling down into our home, waiting on a pot roast, and listening to the rain falling outside.  It feels good to be home.  

3 comments:

Unknown said...

awe, i love your pictures. miss you guys.

un beso,
michelle

Jack said...

Your comment about the rain reminded me of how much I looked forward to an all-day soaker when we moved back East. Funny - I couldn't wait to get away from the constant rain when we moved to CO.

I think I'm going tele this weekend.

Keep cooking that bun. Good times ahead.
Jack

jeanne said...

love the pic of Katie behind the tall grass; lovely!